1/3/09

Unpacking

Wow! I was so excited to be in a one bedroom suite. All the amenities; kitchen with a fridge, stove, dishwasher, some dishes and cooking things. However, it seems that we have a lot of stuff that still doesn't have space and those things will just have to stay in their boxes until we get into the apartment. I worked so hard to bring as little as possible. Grrr...
As for the area; I'm really excited to be here and it looks like we will have plenty to keep busy. Well, I'll find things to do. Mike already has so much to do.
We are in Arlington just outside of Dallas and here's what we've discovered already.
1. We are across the street from the Six Flags amusement park.
2. We are across the street from Hurricane Harbor.
3. We are about 5 minutes away from the new Ranger stadium (I think it will also be the new home of the Cottonbowl)
4. There are a gazillion eating places.
5. The Dallas Temple is close by.
6. The Urgent Care is just 10 minutes away and really close to the Super Wal-Mart!
Yea, I said Urgent Care. That's where I took Mike today so he could get some meds for a major sinus infection! It started on the trip and got worse yesterday. I didn't even wake him up until early this afternoon and I just sent him to bed about 30 mins ago so he could get another good nights sleep. Actually, I just put him to bed so I could have some peace and quiet! I'm NOT a good empathizer (sp?). Tomorrow should be better.
Tomorrow I begin my hunt for our new ward; at least the ward we will be in for the next couple of months. I really excited to get goin'.
So all in all, things are going well and I haven't received any word that my house has burned down...
More later. Oh by the way, we were thrilled to know that Mandy and our good friends, the Reeds had a fabulous time in New Orleans watching those fabulous UTES stomp Alabama! It was thrilling to be able to watch the game and cheer LOUDLY in our humble abode :D
Love to all, VZ

1 comment:

holly b said...

glad you're getting settled a bit. that's funny about the empathizing bit. I'm pretty straightforward about that stuff too. Eat this, swallow this, sleep and you'll feel better.