1/28/09

Unbelieveable!

If I hadn't seen it (and experienced it) I wouldn't have believed it. The entire region has shut down. Schools, government buildings, etc. If you've been following the weather news, our part of the country has been experiencing ice storms. It was a little freaky yesterday to listen to newsmen talk and the people in the office (Army) working furiously to get out of there before the storm hit. Now, I think I've lived through some of the worst snow storms but this was different. What happens is, the day starts out pretty OK but then the temperatures take a dive. The rain falls and turns to ice before it hits the ground. The effect is really quite beautiful. Trees become coated with a beautiful white crust. However, what is beautiful on a tree is not so beautiful on the roads. All the water on the roads turns to ICE RINK! I'm not joking. The temperature this morning was 11* and everything is coated in a thick blanket of ice. It took Mike almost 4o minutes to chisel his way into the car. That was at 6:30a. It's now a toasty 20*. So...to those of you who I've made feel bad about the warm, I am now feeling your revenge.
The good news...later on this week, IT'S GONNA WARM UP AGAIN!
Much love, VZ

1 comment:

holly b said...

yikes. snow is one thing, but ice is scary for sure!