9/17/08

Happy Constitution Day

I've had many occasions to reflect on the meaning of our Constitution and what it affords us. I can use one word...EVERYTHING!
Look around you and see all that is made possible by that document; the right to choose who leads you, the right to live where you want, the right to believe or not believe in the God of your choice, on and on.
This summer I've had some really reflective moments as I've traveled around this great country of ours and some of those moments have brought tears to my eyes as I think of those who made it all possible.
It's hard not to look around the fields of Pennsylvania without thinking of tattered armies fighting to be liberated from England. When a fog kisses the ground, I see those men coming out of the trees. They are barefooted, hungry and ragged but still they go forward toward freedom.
God bless us and our Constitution!

No comments: