9/4/10

Rough Go

It will be a learning process; to find things Trevor can eat, that will get him healthy AND that he will enjoy eating! I've made him a book of sorts with information taken from various internet sites pertaining to "wired jaw" eating (sipping). The possibilities are pretty endless IF you have and open mind and an experimenting type brain, which Trevor has. Well, not so much the open mind as the experimenting type brain. The good news is he likes to cook and he likes to make smoothies. He will be OK.

Trevor's first night home was, to say the least, difficult. We're all tired but mostly sad to see him struggle with the pain and discomfort of less than adequate sleeping conditions. We thought we'd be able to get a recliner of some type but the funding for such is pretty sparse so we'll make do with lots of pillows. Hopefully each passing day will improve his condition.

Mike and I (maybe mostly me) feel less than prepared to go into the MTC (missionary training center) on Monday. We were unable to get any of the things done that we felt needed to be done i.e. clean out garage, de-junk and put things in one storage area, make sure our home was ready for winter and make it possible for Alicia's family to be in a designated living area. I've also been trying to get my clothes ready to go and am a little envious (actually I'm a lot envious) that Mike's stuff was so easy to get together. Suits and white shirts with ties, shoes and socks is definitely soooo much easier to round up. I, on the other hand, require skirts and blouses (easy to care for), stockings and shoes; women just need more to live! It's been hard to find suitable skirts that are long enough and not crazy wild in print or color. D.I. (the church equivalent of Goodwill or Salvation Army) has been, thus far, my best friend! I'm grateful to all those ladies who can't do without a new wardrobe year after year! I keep trying to remember that we will have a little time to work on all of this before we leave home on the 26th of September. After that...well after that we can't worry about it.

I posted a quote on FB this morning, from our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley and found it to be what I needed to read and am grateful for its wisdom.

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."

Joy in the journey...amen!



No comments: