12/31/15

Reflections...Mostly Ramblings!

It's New Years Eve; the end of 2015, the beginning of 2016. I've spent many hours reflecting on what I've accomplished and what more I could have done. The truth is, I will never leave this life thinking I've done everything I could have...but I will always know I NEVER GAVE UP!
I've spent the last five years (with the exception of three months) serving a mission for the Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). It began in September 2010 in Jacksonville, NC (North Carolina Raleigh Mission) and ends January 2016, here at home in the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission. I've enjoyed almost every minute of it...except for those nagging moments thinking I could have done more. Then, just that quickly, I understand what I've been preaching...my efforts are acceptable to Him!
The other thing I've discovered is; I no longer desire to get sucked into the commercial side of Christmas. Does that mean I don't want to see my children and grandchildren with happy faces as they open presents? No! I just can't stop thinking of thousands of people, many children, who just want what I have; a warm bed at night and food in their bellies. The only thing I know I can do is donate in significant ways...and so that's what I did. A drop in the bucket  but lots of drops turn into a river. So I'll continue to add to the river.
Now, for the heart of my message...my Christmas tree. Sara and Matt take the boys into the hills and cut them down. This years tree received the Charlie Brown award. I love my CB tree because there's room for all the ornaments to hang down without hitting a branch. Several weeks ago, it had lots and lots of ornaments on it. After just a couple of days I found more and more ornaments being tossed around by a rambunctious 2 1/2 year old. I was not going to win that battle. In fact, if I think about it, I'll include a picture of our one year old tv. Great story!
Anyway, I'm always looking for ways to teach about our Saviors birth and this year it was all about the tree. Using the scriptures I came across the following two; the first describes Him and the other His purpose. I know many, including my family, didn't understand what the intent was...but it didn't matter to me. I GOT IT! And it brought me peace in the middle of a lot of chaos!
I asked Sara a question the other day and I'll ask it here. Is it possible to have a "Little House On The Prairie" kind of Christmas? You know, the kind where Laura and Mary got a penny in a tin up which they shared...and were happy! Have we crossed the line so badly that we can NEVER go back? Have we become so entrenched in the stuff we have to have that our entire economy would collapse if we gave it up? I don't have an answer...neither did Sara.
This is WHAT IS possible! We get to choose how we want the coming year to be. For me? I choose happiness! Happy New Year! With love, Sister Z (aka, Mrs Z, Vicki, Grandma Vicki)



6 comments:

Hr said...

Great Thanks

طراحی سايت

طراحی وب سايت

طراحی اسلايدر

سئو

طراحی لوگو

درب اتوماتیک

راهبند

Lightning strike said...



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NEW TESTAMENT BIBLE STUDY

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Billionaires are BRILLIANT !

scratchwiththechickens@gmail.com
seeking benefactor




Nice smile !

ücretsiz indir wordpress Temasi said...

دانلود قالب وردپرس

دانلود قالب فروشگاهي وردپرس

دانلود رايگان قالب وردپرس

دانلود افزونه وردپرس
دکوراسيون در تبريز
دکوراسيون تبريز
فروشگاه دکوراسيون
روشويي

کنسول
ميز TV
ميز تلويزيون

ehsan7n said...

خرید ساندویچ پانل در زنجان
فروش ساندویچ پانل در اردبیل
قیمت پروفیل آهنی در تبریز
پروفیل در تبریز
انواع ورق گالوانیزه رنگی
انواع ساندویچ پانل پلی استایرن
خرید پروفیل زد با بهترین قیمت
نحوه خرید پروفیل در تبریز
قیمت پروفیل زد
ساندویچ پانل در تبریز

ehsan7n said...

ست ترکیب رنگ لباس دختر بچه
اهمیت انتخاب لباس بچگانه
نحوه ست کردن لباس بچگانه پسرانه
چند راهکار ست کردن لباس کودک
به کودک خود ست کردن لباس بیاموزید
تیپ دختر بچه یکساله
اصول اساسی ست کردن لباس زنانه
ترفتد خوشتیپ شدن کودک دلبندتان
ترکیب رنگ لباس بچگانه
حمام اولتراسونیک

ehsan7n said...


التراسونیک


دستگاه التراسونیک


راهنمای خرید لباس بچه گانه



ساندویچ پانل