3/26/09

Majesty of His Creation



Yesterday I had the opportunity to witness one of those moments when you know who is really in charge of our world. My camera didn't come close to capturing what the dozen or more people saw while looking into the heavens. In that single moment I felt and saw so clearly the power of our Creator and I was grateful to know that He's in command. 
I think of the times that our family has felt as if we were standing right in the middle of those treacherous clouds and left wondering how we could possibly survive. Yet, somehow, we do weather the storm. 
I'm so glad that the Lord continues to be the umbrella that shields us when the rain begins to fall!
Much love, Vicki

2 comments:

vszmom said...

These clouds had a GREAT potential for quickly turning into a tornado. One set of clouds came from one direction and the other set from a completely different direction. The power of the two sets coming together was the most awesome thing I've ever seen and I can imagine that if a funnel HAD hit the ground I would have stayed standing where I was just to watch it all come together! All the time I was standing there, I heard others in the background giving orders to make sure everyone was accounted for and where were to go if it "touched down". I didn't care. I was enjoying that grand moment!

Chas Hathaway said...

Holy makerel! Those are frighteningly gorgeous!

- Chas
http://chas.willowrise.com