11/3/10

I'll Begin Again!

This was so profound. These are the lyrics to a song from the musical "Scrooge". It's after he repents and begins a new life. A perfect example of what the atonement is all about. You can hear the song on iTunes. This version is by the late, great Sammy Davis Jr. I did take the liberty to add one word. It was, I feel, needed!

I'll begin again
I will build my life
I will live to know
That I fulfilled my life
I'll begin today
Throw away the past
And the future I build
Will be something that will last

I will take the time
I have left to live
And I'll give it all
That I have left to give
I will live my days
For my fellow men
And I'll live in praise
Of that moment when
I was able to begin again

I'll begin again
I will change my fate
I will show the world
That it is not too late
I will never stop
While I still have time
'Till I stand at the top
Of the mountain I must climb

I will start anew
I will make amends
And I'll make quite certain
That my story ends
On a note of hope
On a strong amen
And I'll thank the world (Lord)
And remember when
I was able to begin again

No comments: