5/22/09

The Things Kids Say

I love to read other peoples blogs when it includes some of the funny things their kids say. Sara's blog ranks up there with some of the clever things that her boys have said. So, after reading Sara's blog today about something Owen said (see her blog) it reminded me of some of the things my own kids said, years and years and YEARS ago.

Michael after the first day of kindergarden:
"Mommy, I can spell Billy. B-I-eleven-Y".

Four year old Kent running down the stairs from the bathroom:
Kent: "Mommy, there's a "shly" in the bathroom"!
Me: "A what"?
Kent: "A shly"!
Me: "Kent say fff".
Kent: "Thhh".
Me: "No, FFF".
After about 5 minutes of practicing the "fl" sound I asked him, "Now what did you see"?
A frustrated Kent responded, "A bee"!

But the following has to be my all time favorite.

I was standing by the sink washing dishes. At the time I was very pregnant with my seventh child. Eight year old Sara was sitting at the kitchen table watching me when her father came home from work. He put his arms around me and gave me a quick kiss on the neck. In a very disgusted tone Sara blurted, "Sex, sex, sex"! A little shocked I asked her what she meant. She drummed her fingers on the table, shifted from one elbow to the other and after a few moments said, "Oh, never mind. YOU wouldn't understand"!

I'm sure I'll remember other things that were said but have reached my max for the morning!
Much love, VZ

1 comment:

Chas Hathaway said...

Hey! I love your blog!

I love this entry. It's SO TRUE!
Our little three year old was saying her prayers a few nights ago, and after the typical start, she said,

"thankful for this day, and robbers are mean, and the robbers steal the sheep, in the name of..."

???

There ya go... from a story? A video? We may never know for sure.

Aren't kids hilarious?

- Chas
http://chas.willowrise.com